<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: The perfect ground for Wrasse and Pollack?

Friday 4 January 2013

The perfect ground for Wrasse and Pollack?

Do you ever come across a mark and just think - This is it. How could it get any better?

During the summer I revisited one of my old mark which I used to fish as a lad and to be honest it had completely vanished off my radar until I was looking back through some old photographs. 

We set off and it all came flooding back to me. It wasn't long before I found dozens of independent Kelp beds strewn with boulders - perfect Wrasse ground. 

What I liked about this mark was the compactness of it all. One minute you are able to target Wrasse and then a quick hop onto some of the other rocks and you find masses of Pollack literally carpeting the sea bed. Granted most of these are only in the range of 1 - 2 pounds but still great sport. 

There are a few selective spots here also where you can find larger Pollack up to 8 or 9 lbs but sadly the weather kept me off last season. 




I can not wait to get back out on it and explore a little bit more. We had about three sessions on this mark last Summer and everyone produced fish up to 3 lbs.













Just a quick gap filler anyway for the blog to keep it ticking along nicely until I get out for my first proper session of 2013!

Belated Happy New Year

Tight lines.

3 Comments:

At 25 February 2013 at 06:12 , Blogger Light Game Junky said...

Beautiful looking spot!

 
At 27 February 2013 at 08:00 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

Cheers Lee - Can not wait for the weather to pick up etc

 
At 14 September 2013 at 02:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very niсe ρost. I definitely aрρгеciate this ѕitе.
Keep ωriting!

Heere iѕ mу ωebsitе ...
Tourist in NY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home