<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Jig it!

Friday 12 October 2012

Jig it!



First off I must admit, I have never caught a fish using any of these .... yet!

However, I am beginning to gain a better understanding of what style of lures to use in certain conditions. This is obviously through my very limited experience / knowledge but everyone has to start somewhere.

I have been out on some marks when the current is strong and a large rolling swell has made it difficult to get your standard 'plug' or 'minnow' lures to dig in - are these the solution? 




Then I thought to myself, maybe not over incredibly rough or snaggy ground due to the fact these lures sink - although less hooks would mean less catching in weed or rocks? I am not sure but I feel this style of lure has its own unique advantage in certain situations which others lures can not provide. 

I have a few marks in my head where these will make an appearance at the end of October when I head back down to the Copper Coast. 




I also think these could be killers for Pollack - again in the correct circumstances.

Only time will tell I guess.

I would love to hear your thoughts or comments on these, I know a few, but very small amount of anglers who carry around at least on in their box for the 'right' moment. 



3 Comments:

At 14 October 2012 at 12:12 , Blogger David said...

Hello Steven, As we discussed I've had good results with this setup, I like to leave the original split rings in place for a bit of extra sound effect...

 
At 15 October 2012 at 03:25 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

It was a very interesting conversation we had Dave, which then led to me sticking up a quick blog post. Plenty of ideas now to try out

 
At 3 August 2013 at 13:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this website from my pal who informed me on the topic of this website and at
the moment this time I am visiting this site and reading very
informative articles at this time.

my blog post Plumbers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home