<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Chartreuse the Pollack colour?

Sunday 23 September 2012

Chartreuse the Pollack colour?



I have recently started using Chartreuse soft plastics over other colours. I have witnessed some Bass being nailed on Senkos in this colour, especially when the water is coloured or murky.

I had bought a few goodies from www.basslures.co.uk which arrived in time for a trip we had planned in search of some Pollack.

http://www.basslures.co.uk/ima-melty-nymph-003-3-5-inch.html

I had got my hands on the mighty looking IMA Melty Nymph in Chartreuse back and White belly - they look killer.

They have a great ribbed body and a very aggressive paddle tail profile.

We got onto the mark and had a few fish on various other lures before I unleashed the new gear. Rigged with a weedless 1/0 wide gape worm hook and about 14g Texas style lead I made my first cast with the new IMA gear.

It hit the bottom and started to bump it back in - it was deep water, I had about a dozen turns on the handle and smack - fish on.

As usual the Pollack fought hard and finally landed, a lovely fish of around 3lb - no monster but proof that these lures kill.




My mate Jonny stuck on another Chartreuse lure on this time a 4.5 Sluggo in Chartreuse with a sparkle, also from Basslures.

It wasn't long before he had connected to another fish.




We continued to hit fish around the same size, nothing huge but fantastic sport on the light lure gear.

I ended up with Melty Nymphs with no tails because the fish were just ravaging them.

I will be back for more as soon as my stock runs out - truly killer lures and I bet they will hammer Bass too.

Stay tuned .... There are a lot more Pollack on softies to come!


5 Comments:

At 23 September 2012 at 19:36 , Blogger iWalton said...

Sweet catch! Congrats!

 
At 24 September 2012 at 04:07 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

Cheers . . . No monster but you just know there are big ones lurking in the Kelp waiting to nail the lures.

 
At 24 September 2012 at 05:09 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

I would love to get your email address sometime - some things I have wanted to discuss with you. All the best.

 
At 1 October 2012 at 03:42 , Blogger Cork Harbour Angling Hub said...

Hi Steven, spotted that bass on FB you caught Sat nite. It was huge. Well done. I've added your blog on to our bloglist.

 
At 1 October 2012 at 16:49 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

Great stuff, cheers lad! Appreciate you following my stuff. I will have a blog post up asap. Keep up good work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home