<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Wrassetastic

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Wrassetastic

After nailing my first Wrasse on a soft plastic a few weeks before, I was on a mission to hunt down some more. We set off to a rock mark which we had fished a good few years back but then it was all bait and metals etc

This truly was a leap into the unkown for me in terms of tactics, gear and what was lurking in the rocks and weed below.

I rigged up the standard texas set up - 10g head, glass bead and size 2 hook. Rigged up the Wave lure and flicked it out at my feet. It just hit the bottom and I got that unmistakable smack from a Wrasse

1, 2, 3 - Bang. The rod smashed over and I was into a nice Wrasse to start the session.




It always amazes me when you see the colours of these fish ..



 Continued to use the green wave lure which produced another nice fish.




I spent the next half an hour trying various ledges with no luck and after swapping lures a few times, I looked down to see a Wrasse grazing on the ledge beside me. I watched it for a minute or two as it cruised along the ledge. I flicked out the Sakura Snoop and watched it drift past the fish. 


I got smacked as it bumped past but no hook up. I lifted the lure out and drifted it again. Same thing, smack. On the third drift the rod lurched and I hooked my very first 'sight cast' Wrasse.






 We fished on as the tide was rising and nailed a few more on a variety of lure profiles but mostly all green in colour.



I love watching them go back down to the rocky depths beneath.




The best fish of the day was taken on an emerald green Senko style lure. Three very timid plucks and then smack.





A quick plunge and the fish rocketed back to the ledges for another day.



It was great to try an old mark with new techniques. Plenty more marks to re visit and explore so stay tuned ....

2 Comments:

At 4 September 2012 at 07:26 , Blogger Jay La Roche said...

Nice one mate well donesome nice fish there

 
At 4 September 2012 at 09:10 , Blogger Steven Neely said...

Cheers lad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home