<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: January expedition to Wexford

Sunday 29 January 2012

January expedition to Wexford

It all began after a few texts to my mate Jay. We were both had a bit of time to kill and so the we nailed out a plan to have a crack at some early season Bass! It was never going to be easy but sure, what can you do but try!

I set off on the Tuesday on what can only be described as an epic train journey from Belfast to Wexford! After 5 hours of travelling i arrived.

Got the stuff back to the house, quick cup of tea and then of course it wasn't long before the thought of fishing entered our heads!

Off we set then to experience my first bit of LRF and who better to show me than Jay!

Rookie Bass Angler? NO! Rookie LRF Angler!!!!


I stood back while Jay pulled out a Herring and a small Pollack, I stepped up to the mark and with some guidance pulled out my very first LRF caught fish, a nice little Pollack.


I was amazed at the feel and sensitivity you get with the lighter gear, I have read alot about it and talked about it but this was a first time for me.

I shall be searching the net now for some gear and standby for some LRF coming your way from my blog in the months to come!

Fishing in Gale Force Winds............


As I had made the trip down for some early Bass, we set off on the Wednesday to try and find a mark or two. This turned out to be no easy task! Rain hammering and the Wind blowing, every mark we looked at was unfishable. . . . we eventually got tucked into a nice quiet corner and our spirits lifted a little as the rain eased..... A sign for better things to come?

After trotting down a few new Megabass X-Layers (French Silver) from Absolute Fishing i switched over to Wave Worms. Cast out and let it cover the ground infront of us. I felt the bump, bump, bump as I kept in contact with the lure.



Then  I felt the weight and I lifted into it....... Off it ran up stream like a train, taking line off the reel .... I shouted to Jay, who came back up towards me and then - slack! Nothing! The fish dropped the lure........ I was gutted.

The sun came briefly out as I had time to reflect on the past few minutes action. Perhaps if I struck things would have been different but that is fishing for you!



We fished on but then had to leave with the wind becoming too strong to even stand in!

Absolute Fishing




First time I have ever been in the shop and it was awesome!

Cian was super helpful and very friendly. Great products and top class banter and a good chat!

I urge anyone interested in Bass fishing who is free and can attend to check this out:

http://www.irishbassfestival.com/

I will be going and I am nearly 100% sure it will be a great event!

A special thanks.........


For this trip and experience I really have to thank Jay for a) letting me stay his place, b) putting up with me and c) for taking me out to some nice marks. It was tough fishing but hopefully better luck next time.

Also I think he has successfully hooked me on LRF and I will be investing in some gear soon. Check out his blog:

http://wexfordbass.blogspot.com/

The other thanks has to go to the guys at Absolute Fishing - like I said above, a great place, great guys and will be back again as quick as I can!

http://absolutefishing.ie/Shop/index.php?main_page=index

Signs of things to come!


I have learnt alot from this trip, the basics to LRF, some new marks and as well it has boosted my confidence in using soft plastics for Bass which is an invaluable method to use.

Can not wait for the next trip down in April.

May the planning begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home