<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Best pike lures of 2011

Thursday 12 January 2012

Best pike lures of 2011

To be honest I did not catch enough Bass to be writing a similar 'best lure....' article. I know this is the common thing to do at the end/start of a new year but instead I thought I would write up my favorite or at least most productive pike lures.

What made these special to me was it was my own paint finishes which, I think have made them a killer for pike!


They started off life like this, clear, no paint or hooks etc...


I have several of this style on different colours but for me the one that I caught the post on was this:


A predominantly orange body with yellow belly and i used a craft trick involving an onion back to spray the black scaled pattern on the back . . . . simple blob on red nail polish sorted the eyes out nicely . . . . 


Some proof...........

However the lure which caught us the biggest fish last year was the 160mm red/white plug. Also clear when bought i used the very common but effective combo ....



To put this into perspective here is a picture of it beside a normal crystal minnow in a similar style....


This is the lure which caught us the leviathan (well to us anyways) 9lb+ pike on boxing day ..... it wasn't quite a double but not far away ..... we also turned two other fish around the same size on this lure also ..... Does a bigger lure mean bigger fish? That is yet to be seen.....

With this size/style working for us, it inspired me to try another ..... A very mean looking one if I do say so myself....


This is one of my favorite lures I have sprayed ...... it just has that 'i'm going to crunch you' look to it! 

Hopefully 2012 will bring me more luck at the pike, especially with the soft plastics. 

I have a new bunch of blanks coming soon and will be sure to get the pics up once the arrive in!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home