<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Modified Shop Bought Lure

Friday 14 October 2011

Modified Shop Bought Lure

Just a quick post to show you the lure which I hooked my Bass on in Co. Louth.

I made the modification one day when i was fishing in Kerry but never really got a chance to use it again. 

I simply took a small multi-tool with a file blade and proceeded to remove the diving vein! Am I mad? Well my reasoning was to turn it into a surface / sub hybrid lure. . . . 

I gave the face a small slant which does dig into the water when fished hard. 

The action is a gentle wiggle which occasionally rolls and comes up to splash the surface - Looks great.

Pays off to experiment!!

It worked - I hooked a small Bass of somewhere between 2 and 3 lb on it - It was the one that got away!!!

Anyway, hope this is insightful and an interesting concept!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home