<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: The anticipation of fishing abroad

Monday 6 May 2013

The anticipation of fishing abroad

Tomorrow I set off on a family holiday to Seville where we spend a few days before heading off to the coast around Conil de la Frontera. (West of Gibraltar.)

The travel rods are packed and a good selection of lures are arranged and ready to be boxed up.

I love the idea of fishing abroad partly because of the heat but mainly due to the un-known element to it. I have read about bass and bluefish being caught so that should be interesting. I made sure to pack the wire traces anyway just in case I hook into a blue - don't want those teeth to chomp through my leader!

The coast line looks mainly sandy but with scattered rocky outcrops, cliffs and bays so who knows. There seems to be a lot of people fishing in the region. 'Surfcasting' is hugely popular but this is with bait rather than the East Coast Striper style with needles and bucktails etc ..... I am sure we will be laughed at by the locals using lures etc but it will be an experience if nothing else.

I will be sure to get a full report up (if I catch that is) when I am back .

Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 6 May 2013 at 10:40 , Anonymous Graham Dodrill said...

Tight lines Steven! Enjoy and looking forward to the report!

 
At 6 May 2013 at 13:27 , Blogger Rory said...

Good luck! (Armenian accent)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home