<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: Progress with my fly fishing

Friday 4 May 2012

Progress with my fly fishing

Last weekend we decided to hit a local catch and release trout fishery.

Weather wasn't too bad but it was a little chilly .... not a great day for a fly hatch but it was either go or sit in the house.

I have to say it was a huge change from the previous weeks fishing in Wexford for Bass!!!!

I was once again trying to practice my fly casting and presentation etc ..... then Bang! My dad has a good fish on, it ran him up and down the bank, reel screaming, the usual from a decent fish.










As usual i spent the rest of the day with no luck at all but that was to change ......

I stopped to compose myself, cast out and thump, i had a nice little rainbow on ... relief!






I fished on and then stopped to change my fly, as i turned around i realized the sunset ..... wow!




I changed to buzzers and fished on into dusk producing a little brown trout and then my best rainbow trout to date.





A slow day but every time I go out I learn something new and i progress a little more.

Onwards and upwards!

Tight Lines,

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home