<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://rookiebassangler.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Rookie Bass Angler: My First Bass!

Friday 26 August 2011

My First Bass!

After the following days success we set about getting some bait, setting up the beach casters and waiting for night to fall and the tide to come in.

We eventually get set up after some expert advice from local fishing tackle shop owner Kevin Brain (worth a visit to talk to this man, i owe my success to him!) A cocktail bait was put on a Pennel rig and lobbed out into the roaring darkness. High tide came and as it began to back off the rod jumped out of the holder ..... Neither of us were expecting such a violent take! I grabbed the rod, wound into it and struck. Nothing - just dead weight. Great I have snagged up on weed i thought. So i reeled it in, got it to within 20 feet of the shore and then the rod tip went mad! It was then i got my first glimpse of the silver bars of my first Sea Bass. At just over 3lb it was not a monster but made the trip worth while for me. The Bass was returned safely and unharmed to make another anglers day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home